Join our team of talented professionals! We are a thriving practice seeking to hire passionate staff to support our growth. Our community recently voted us the “Best Counseling Practice in Ann Arbor 2019” and we hold a 4.7 google review score.
There are many additional reasons to work for Refreshing Waters Counseling & Consulting:
- Inclusive team environment
- Respectful culture
- Collaborative business philosophy
- Open communication
- Opportunity to impact others
- Beautiful, full amenity workspace
- Desirable location
- Flexible Schedule
- Amazing Support Staff
Participate in meaningful work that will change the community you live in. It is more than just a job, it is an opportunity to learn, grow and help others.
To apply please send your resume to careers@Refreshing-Waters.com
COUNSELOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
Work with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental and emotional health. May help individuals deal with issues associated with depression, anxiety, trauma, addictions and substance abuse, issues with family, parenting, marital, stress management, self-esteem, significant life changes, aging, grief and loss. Approach all individuals from a perspective of wellness, which focuses on a patient’s strengths and ability to change.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient related information.
- Encourage patients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives and help them to develop insight and coping skills.
- Collect information about patients through interviews, observations, or tests to assess needs and develop appropriate treatment planning.
- Complete all documentation, including federal and state mandated forms, patient diagnostic records and progress notes in a timely manner.
- Counsel patients individually and in group sessions as indicated.
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and presentation of patient.
- Refer patients, or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting patients or patients.
- Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed in order to comply with changes in patients’ status.
- Learn about new developments in the field by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars, and establishing and maintaining contact with other social service providers.
- Gather information about community mental health needs and resources that could be used in conjunction with therapy.
- Monitor patients’ use of medications or referral for such.
- Attend supervision and team meetings with other counselors and staff.
- Run workshops and courses about mental health issues as requested.
- Maintain positive communication with supervisor, peers, other staff and community members. Manage complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts to develop and maintain a positive TEAM atmosphere.
- Develop professional, constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work in a timely manner.
- Professionally communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
- Keep up-to-date with Evidence Based Practices and Promising Practices and applying new knowledge to your job.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Rapport-Building Skills
- Multicultural Competency
- Listening Skills
- Social and Communication Skills
- Boundary Setting
- Critical Thinking